Today’s helping of Creative Juice is for the writers.
If you are like me, you might have a file on your computer called “Blog posts that I really like.” That’s where I save links to articles online that I may want to reread. Sometimes I look in that file for articles to include in Creative Juice.
One of my weekly goals for CJ (Creative Juice) is to use 12 different sources for the articles I share. But sometimes I have an overabundance of cherished articles from one source, and I’ll create a special edition.
Often when I search the internet for material about a topic related to writing, I will find the perfect article on The Write Life. This website has often been on the Writer’s Digest list of 101 Best Websites for Writers. Here are some of the articles I especially appreciate:
- Six reasons to create an outline for your book.
- Flash fiction tips.
- Five tips for writing suspense.
- Eliminating unnecessary words.
- Getting around freelance roadblocks.
- Did you ever spend a lot of time creating a blog post only to feel like it was underviewed? (Yes. All the time.) Here are some ways to get more mileage out of already-posted articles.
- How to get an endorsement for your book.
- Use of satire.
- How to fix passive voice.
- How to employ mood in your writing.
- How to write the expository article.
- How to boost your creativity with freewriting.
About Andrea R Huelsenbeck
Andrea R Huelsenbeck is a wife, a mother of five and a former elementary general music teacher. A freelance writer in the 1990s, her nonfiction articles and book reviews appeared in Raising Arizona Kids, Christian Library Journal, and other publications. She is currently working on a young adult mystical fantasy novel and a mystery.